For quite some time now I’ve been considering a backpacking tour of America. Obviously this is, for the moment, something of a pipe dream. Our family and financial situation mean that it would have to wait for a very long time, or possibly not happen at all.
However that does not stop me dreaming about it, and I’ve decided to make a note of some of the places I’d like to go and things I’d like to do.
- Memphis, Tennessee. Home of The King! Enough said.
- Wal-Mart. Any Wal-Mart, anywhere. We hear a lot about the people who shop there, and I’d like to see them for myself!
- Chicago, Illinois. I’m not quite sure why, I guess I’m just fascinated by hearing about how a once-grand city has gone totally downhill.
- ‘Area 51’. Not because I really believe I’ll see anything spectacular or sinister, but I guess it’s just one of those things… if you’ve ever been an X-Files fan, you’ve just got to go there!
- Yellowstone National Park. Because it sounds incredible.
- Louisiana. Because, ZOMG, swamps and Cajuns and jazz and other astonishing things.