Late

My due date has come and gone. It’s now too late to be early, or even on time. Evelyn is officially late.

I’ve had a few of the supposed signs that labour is very near… you may wish to stop reading if you are of a queasy disposition…

I’ve had cramps and pain in the groin area. I’ve had the odd isolated strong contraction or Braxton Hicks, and lots of little ones. I’ve passed my mucus plug. The baby is sitting very low, with her head down, in a good position for birthing.

Everything, in short, is ready to go – but she isn’t going!

I’m feeling frustrated and disappointed and bored. Also helpless. Restless, despite my tiredness. I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what will help pass the time. I’m a big bundle of meh.

15 thoughts on “Late

1. Laureny says:

Maybe go out and watch a movie or something . . . if I was Peter free I would so not be at home. Distract yourself or clean something! 😀

2. It is very frustrating, my son was 4 days past the due date, but he was born healthy as can be. I wish you nothing but the best of luck!!

3. Melissa says:

My first was 6 days late, my second 8 days early (2 days before he was going to be induced!). Fingers crossed bubs comes very soon.

4. Lorri says:

Time for a quickie? 😉

5. Chris Cariou says:

It must be tough…knowing that something was supposed to happen, will happen, must happen, and it not happening, extending your discomfort, if that’s what it is, both physically and mentally. But you will be strong when you have to. Hang in, girl. You’re doing great.

6. Mediocre Mom says:

My second daughter was 8 days late. I finally gave up and got induced because she just wasn’t budging. Turns out, she was warning me. She will do things when she’s good and ready, and not a minute sooner. 🙂

Sending quick, easy labor vibes your way!

7. luvguac says:

I am not a mom but I do know that the one thing all women have engrained in our DNA (whether we want it or not) is patience. If we weren’t patient, men would’ve gone extinct millions of years ago 🙂
    Since you don’t want to go to the movies how about finding a series online or on demand to watch? Watching a season of Entourage or Ugly Betty always makes the time pass for me.

8. Louise Curtis says:

I’m not due until January 18, so I figure my “real” due date is February 3rd. . . because they’ll induce on February 2nd.

Fingers crossed for you to be in labour before you read this.

Louise Curtis

9. expatmammy says:

I was just going to ask if there was any sign but reading these I had my questions answered, have you tried pineapple???/

10. Chris Cariou says:

You’re late! You’re late! For a very important date! We know by now you’ve had her. Just teasing you! Get as much rest as you can.

11. oh I understand your frustration! too well. Here’s hoping the time flies until your little one turns up. I’d laugh if our daughters were born on the same day 😉