A new baby!

Many of my readers will already be aware, but many will not, so here goes:

Evelyn Lily was born on Tuesday 27th September, at 7.28am. She weighed 3.86kg, and was 51.5cm long at birth. Labour was a 6 hour slog.

In a way, going into this, I sort of thought I knew it all – after all, I’d already had one baby. I knew how things were meant to go! But this birth was so utterly different from Elspeth’s. Evelyn was raring to go, she didn’t need to be forcibly pulled out like her big sister! And so, no epidural – I actually feltΒ it this time. I won’t go into detail, but it was a trifle bizarre!

Excessive appreciation goes out to my parents, who took Elspeth to their house on Friday in preparation for this whole thing. Also Aidan’s parents, who looked after her at our house last night and this morning.

And now the whole family of four is back at home, with all visitors gone. We shall attempt to settle into some sort of routine or rhythm with a two year old and a newborn.

6 thoughts on “A new baby!

1. Althea Tsang says:

Congratulations πŸ™‚

2. Cazzie says:

Evie is gorgeous, I am so pleased you are all home. Today is such an awful day weather wise. You can all keep warm and cosy at home πŸ™‚

3. Chris Cariou says:

What a beauty! Congrats to you and Aidan! Your lives will be even more hectic than before. They will make sure it’s all about them. Sometimes, though, you guys need to make sure it’s all about you.

Best!

4. Alison says:

Congrats! πŸ˜€

5. Tasha says:

Congratulations! She’s beautiful! And good luck to you and your family. God Bless!

6. Expat Mammy says:

Congratulation hun, she’s beautiful, I so please that your home and things are going well for you all. Keep us updated on your your adventures.x